Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Balance



I am not superwoman as hard as I try. I will never be perfectly fit, have all my bills paid ontime, have my house clean and in order, earn sales person of the month at work, and spend a great deal of quality time with family and friends all at the same time. I am a normal human being, and I can only do so much.

I find that I can usually tackle 2-3 of life's problems at a time on top of my full time job. Right now, my top 3 are:

1. Wedding - Only 3 1/2 months left to go and still so much to do! I need to find a hair stylist, the guys still need to get their suits, we need to order invitations, finalize our guest list, get programs printed, make table centerpieces for the reception, and go to 2 showers that are being thrown for us. On top of our monthly mentoring meetings, homework for those meetings, and planning out the ceremony with our pastor and ceremony coordinator. Yikes!

2. Cleaning House - Fiance will be starting to move in his things in December. Mostly, he needs to set up his home recording studio in my unfinished basement. I recently went through all of my boxes in the basement. I had about 12 bags of garbage, and about 20 boxes that went to a thrift store. I kept my seasonal decorations, and three storage bins of my childhood memories. Not bad! We still need to sweep up, deep clean the laundry room, sand the floors (paint is chipping up), and give the floors and walls a fresh coat of paint. I also cleaned out my office so I'd have a place to work on our finances and just to have a part of the house for myself. I got rid of 8 boxes of stuff I didn't need anymore! That room is basically done, I actually sit in that room for a little while almost every day. Who would have guessed I'd like it so much once it was decluttered. I'll have the full story on that project sometime soon. Anyway, I still need to clean out the bathroom vanity cabinet, linen closet, and reorganize the kitchen so there's room for our shower gifts!

3. Weight Loss - Maybe this is TMI, but since I'm getting married, I had to start taking birth control. I gained about 10 lbs in just a few weeks - while I was training to run a half marathon. So unfair! I'm really trying hard to eat healthy and workout. I'm running 3 or 4 mornings a week for a total of about 15-20 miles per week. Just this week I started to add strength training back in. I plan on 2 days a week of that. I'm trying to stick to 1400 calories a day, mostly fruits and veggies. So far I've lost a pound. In two weeks. Still, a loss is a loss. 

A few other projects that tend to be in frequent rotation are 
  • This blog
  • Painting and decorating around the house
  • Working out my finances
  • Spending more quality time with family and friends
  • Art team for my church
  • Working on an idea for a young adult book I'd like to write
  • Off hours self-training for work
Sadly, this blog is not taking precedence right now, but it'll come back into rotation again, promise! I've learned that 3 is my max number of life projects, otherwise I get burnt out on life and nothing gets done. What are some of your priority projects? What are you currently saying 'no' to?

No comments:

Post a Comment