Monday, March 11, 2013

Identity Crisis

The room that we're going to call Room #2 for now is suffering from an identity crisis. I know because I'm suffering from one myself. I got married a couple months ago and having been going through the name changing process. So I'm still Megan Zegers, but I'm also Megan Lopez. It's complicated and confusing. So I know how room #2 must feel being not 2, but 4 things all at once.



Right now Room #2 is...
  • A guest room
  • Husband's dressing room
  • Extra storage for paper products, furniture, and miscellaneous wedding related items
  • My former music room (because I thought I'd learn to play piano and write songs. Ha!)

It's like HGTV - how they purposely make the rooms look as bad as possible. Ha!

All Room #2 needs to be is...

  • A guest room
  • Husband's dressing room
  • Extra storage for paper products, furniture, and miscellaneous wedding related items
  • My former music room



Okay, so that's still a lot of function for one small space. The way I'm going to get around this is to disguise the room as a guest room. No one even has to know that it's extra storage or my husband's dressing room. Except that I just told entire Internet world about my plan. Oh well, it's still gonna look nice.




Now since we're not sure when we'll be selling the house we don't want to spend much, if any, money on this room. It just needs to look neat and be functional. For function I'll adjust the layout. For neatness, I'll do some styling. This project will be a one week three-peater. In other words. I'll have this project done in one week and there will be three posts on it. I know, three posts in one week! Try to contain your excitement! Next up we'll talk layout.

At least one of us likes the room as is!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny that we both posted about our guest rooms!! Thanks so much for stopping by today and commenting!

    ReplyDelete